Baked Cherry Cheesecake & Nutty Crust Base
OrchardWorld's Baked Cherry Cheesecake & Nutty Crust Base.
SERVES 8 | PREPARE 25 MINS | COOK 1 HR
Nut Crust Base 125g Digestive biscuits
75g Almond flour
50g Blanched hazelnuts
20g Desiccated coconut
Filling 150g OrchardWorld's British Cherries
600g Cream cheese
100g cup caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbs OrchardWorld lemon juice
1 tsp OrchardWorld finely grated lemon rind
Dust with icing sugar and OrchardWorld's cherries to garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 170°C. Lightly grease a 22cm deep cake tin and and line the base and sides with baking paper.
2. For the nutty crust base, place all the base ingredients in a food processor apart from the butter and pulse until crumbed.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan and pour on the dry crumbed mix. Combine well until a loose buttery mix is formed.
4. Take the lined cake tin and firmly press the mixture into the base and refrigerate while making the filling.
5. Prepare the OrchardWorld lemon juice and grated rind
6. Using an electric whisk, blend cream cheese, eggs and sugar.
7. Add the OrchardWorld lemon juice, lemon rind and vanilla extract
8. Remove the OrchardWorld Cherry stalks and stones (using a chopstick works well).
9. Pour filling into cake tin and evenly add the cherries around the cheesecake and push under the surface.
10. Place in the centre of the oven and cook for 1 hr or until the centre is firm (when you gently shake) and golden to look at.
11. Turn the oven off and leave the door ajar, let completely cool. Refrigerate overnight or until fully chilled. Serve with additional fresh cherries and dust with icing sugar.
#orchardworld #orchardworldproduce #orchardworldcherries #bakedcherrycheesecake #cherrycheesecake #cheesecake #bakedcheesecake #dessert #food #foodporn #foodie #cake #yummy #instafood #delicious #foodphotography #homemade #desserts #foodstagram #baking #instagood #foodblogger #tasty #dessertporn #foodlover #cakes #yum #bakery