OrchardWorld's Royal Gala Apple Buddha Bowl.
SERVES 2 | PREPARE 5 MINS | COOK 20 MINS
1 OrchardWorld Royal Gala apple, grated
1 tsp Cumin seeds, toasted
2 Cloves garlic, minced
2 Carrots, cut into 1cm thick rounds
25g Dried cranberries
30g Walnuts, roughly chopped
1 Small red onion, sliced
4 Slices halloumi cheese
1 Pouch of quinoa
Small bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
2 OrchardWorld Lemon wedges, to serve
2 Spoonfuls yoghurt, to serve
Salt and pepper, olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C
2. Place the toasted cumin seeds in a pestle and mortar and bash a little to release their aroma. Mix with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 minced garlic clove. Toss the carrot in cumin and oil and season generously. Place in a small roasting tray and roast for 15-20 minutes until golden.
3. Place the cranberries in a small bowl and cover with boiling water, put to one side to soak.
4. In a dry frying pan over a medium heat, toast the walnuts until golden brown, remove from the pan and put to one side. Add a little olive oil and add the onion and remaining garlic, sauté for a couple of minutes until soft, remove from the pan and put to one side.
5. Turn up the heat and fry halloumi slices until golden on both sides. Cook the quinoa as per packet instructions. Drain the cranberries, discarding the water.
6. Assemble the Buddha bowl – in a large bowl mix together the quinoa with the chopped parsley, walnuts, cranberries, grated apple, sautéd onion and garlic, season to taste. Separate the quinoa mixture into 2 serving bowls and top with roasted carrots and halloumi. Add a lemon wedge and spoonful of yoghurt to serve.