As those dark nights draw in and the temperature starts to plummet, you're seeking a moreish but healthy recipe to arouse your taste buds. Look no further, we have created our own version of a warming Honey and Lemon Chicken. After all, everyone loves a bit of zing! Recipe below...
SERVES 4 | PREP 5 Minutes | COOK 15 Minutes
4 Chicken Breasts
2 OrchardWorld Lemons - juice and zest one, cut the other into slices
3 tbsp Cornflour
3 minced Garlic Cloves
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Black Pepper
½ tsp Paprika
1 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
120ml Chicken Stock
3 tbsp Runny Honey
1 tbsp freshly chopped Basil
1. Melt the butter and heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
2. Mix together the flour, salt, pepper and paprika and rub all over each chicken breast.
3. Add the chicken breasts to the pan and sear for 4 minutes on each side.
4. Remove chicken from pan, set aside and cover.
5. Add the garlic to the same pan that the chicken came from and sauté for 1 minute.
6. Then add the chicken stock, lemon juice and honey. Mix together.
7. Add the chicken back to the pan, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes, allowing the sauce to thicken.
8. Baste the chicken breasts with the sauce whilst simmering.
9. Remove from heat and serve. Sprinkle with chopped basil and serve with Asparagus, green beans or rice.