OrchardWorld’s Rhubarb season is here 😍 – celebrate with a keto rhubarb tart (low carb/sugar)(gluten-free). This has an amazing layer of baked almond cream on top of a moist coconut and almond tart crust base. Think of the amazing taste of rhubarb and hints of ginger and the texture of a Bakewell tart. Rhubarb is a great fruit for those exploring low carb/sugar options and with no flour in the recipe, it's gluten-free too… you could argue a guilt-free dessert. It is without question a top keto dessert. Recipe below...
100g (200ml) almond flour
50ml (40g) erythritol
13g (35ml) unsweetened shredded coconut
Almond cream filling:
125g OrchardWorld Rhubarb
75g butter, softened
75ml (50g) erythritol
250 ml (125g) almond flour
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C).
2. For the base and crust edge, place the almond flour, erythritol and shredded coconut into a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
3. Melt the butter and pour into the dry ingredients.
4. Mix well until the loose crumb comes together.
5. Use individual tart pans. Spoon crust mix evenly around the edges and in the centre of your tart pan, and then, press in firmly to shape.
6. Place crust into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
7. While baking the crust, place the softened butter and erythritol into the bowl mix and beat until pale and fluffy.
8. Add the almond flour, eggs, ginger powder and vanilla in batches, beating well in between additions.
9. Remove tart crust from the oven and leave oven running.
10. Wash and cut the ends of the rhubarb. With a vegetable peeler, take long strips from your rhubarb stalks.
11. Spoon the filling into the tart crusts and then spiral the rhubarb strips and push them firmly into the filling.
12. Bake for a further 35 minutes.
TIP: We served ours with mint, whipped cream and an additional rhubarb compote.
#rhubarb #glutenfree #glutenfreebaking #ketofoodshare #keto #eeeeeats #healthydesserts #sweettooth #feedfeed #foodblogfeed #bakinglove #buzzfeast #tasty #healthysnacks #desserts #dessertideas #ocado #orchardworld #orchardworldproduce