Try our OrchardWorld Blush Orange Chocolate Mousse Mud Bath. With their fun presentation and bursting with flavour, they will create excitement at the table whilst you all indulge in these chocolatey creations. The inspiration for this recipe coincides with the new film release of The Super Mario Bros. Movie and combines our OrchardWorld seasonal ‘Blush Oranges’ with chocolate, turning them into a yummy, fun treat. We felt this would be a great mud bath for the gaming heroes to be super afraid of. Recipe below... And check out our reels on social media. Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
SERVES 4 | PREP 20 Minutes | COOLING 3HRS INGREDIENTS
4 x OrchardWorld Blush Oranges - skins as bowls and 60ml of juice
2 x 60g dark chocolate bars
5g unsalted butter
1 large egg
1.5 cans coconut milk
4 tbsp cocoa powder
3 tbsp maple syrup – add more or less depending on your taste
1. Break the chocolate up into a microwave proof bowl and add the butter. Microwave in 10 second bursts, stirring in between until the chocolate is hot as opposed to melted.
2. Cut off the top 1/3rd of each Blush Orange and scoop out and juice the flesh, keeping the skins intact to use for the bowls. Scoop out any excess flesh to ensure a clean inside.
3. Separate the eggs and add the sugar to the egg whites. Whisk to form stiff peaks.
4. Stir the egg yolks and orange juice into the chocolate
5. Drain away the clear liquid from the cans of coconut milk and whisk together with the maple syrup and the cocoa powder until light and fluffy
6. Fold this and the whisked egg whites into the into the chocolate mixture
7. Pipe into the oranges and top off with some drizzled chocolate. Pop into the fridge to set for 3 hours.
OrchardWorld Blush Oranges can be purchased from Ocado. OrchardWorld products are available at Ocado, Amazon Fresh, Booths, Wholefoods, Spar, and Costco