Try our yummy ‘OrchardWorld Chocolate, Cherry Meringues’ recipe. Recipe below...
SERVES 6 | PREP 30 Minutes | COOK 2hrs
3 Egg Whites
150g Caster Sugar
Pinch of salt
300g OrchardWorld Cherries (stoned)
4 tbsp Cherry Jam
3 tsp Cornflour
150g good quality Dark Chocolate
175g Whipping Cream
3 tbsp Greek Yoghurt
3 tsp Madagascar Honey
3 tbsp Cherry Brandy
4 tbsp Water
1. Pre-heat oven to 110°C or gas mark 4. Line a tray with greaseproof paper and set to one side.
2. Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until they reach soft peaks.
3. Once peaked, continue whisking, adding a spoonful of sugar at a time, ensuring each spoon is whisked in thoroughly before adding the next.
4. Continue to whisk until all the sugar has dissolved and the mixture creates thick, glossy, white peaks
5. Spoon 6 large meringues on the greaseproof paper, leaving space between each one
6. Bake for 2 hours. Turn off the oven and allow the meringues to cool in the oven.
7. Add the cherries, jam, cornflour, and water into a saucepan and cook over a low heat until softened and a beautiful fragrant sauce develops. Leave to
8. In another bowl, melt the chocolate slowly in the microwave
9. Once both meringues and chocolate have cooled, dip the tops of the meringues into the chocolate then place back on the greaseproof paper and
leave to set.
10. Whip the cream until thickened in a bowl, then fold in the yoghurt, cherry brandy and honey.
11. To serve, place a meringue on each plate and spoon the cream and cherries over each one.